R&D Software Researcher|
Agilent Research Laboratories is seeking a hardworking, experienced, and skilled researcher to join the multidisciplinary team to help invent, design, develop and apply innovative solutions for the next generation smart and connected analytical laboratory supporting life science research and clinical diagnostics.
In collaboration with other members of the team, you will focus your research on areas such as innovative, conversational user interfaces to a diverse set of heterogeneous, internet-connected devices and workflows in the context of the laboratory of the future. You will base your actions on your expertise in computer science, modern human-computer interfaces, the latest advances in natural language understanding, and Cloud technologies.
You will communicate progress, results, challenges and opportunities to management and technical leadership, to selected external organizations and collaborators, and, when appropriate, to the general scientific community via presentations at scientific conferences and in peer-reviewed publications.
In this role you will help Agilent Laboratories continue its track record of powering the growth of Agilent Technologies through breakthrough science and technology, crafting business advantage through high-impact technology, driving market leadership and growth in Agilent's core businesses, and rapidly growing Agilent's measurement footprint into adjacent markets.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Ph.D. or equivalent research experience in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction or other related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in Human-Computer Interaction design and implementation in voice or multi-modal interfaces.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing/Understanding.
- Expertise and proficiency in using Amazon Web Services or other Cloud platforms.
- Experience with Docker or other container platforms.
- Self-motivated researcher able to work from broad objectives, detailed oriented and with strong problem-solving skills.
- Innovation and scientific contribution, e.g. as shown by peer-reviewed journal publications.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and openness to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Scientific background and a good understanding of analytical laboratory instrumentation.
- Understanding of Agilent measurement instrumentation and measurement technologies underlying Agilent products.
- Experience with data exploration and statistical analysis using modern languages, such as R and Python.
- Experience developing machine learning and deep learning models using last trend tools, such as scikit-learn and PyTorch.
- Experience with browser-based interface frameworks, such as React.
- Experience producing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing production software in a corporate environment or delivering research prototypes to such organizations.
Geo Location: Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below. https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf