Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||GA-Savannah,SC-Hilton Head,SC -Charleston,FL-Jacks, US United States
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Financial Services, Insurance
The Engagement Leader (EL) attracts prospective members to Thrivent and engages members in local membership activities. The EL engages and connects local relationships to the activity of the regional boards. At the direction of the Manager of Engagement the EL supports the community engagement activities of financial professionals in specific market areas to build awareness of Thrivent and engage prospective members. The mix of attracting prospective members and engaging Thrivent members will vary by local markets.
1.Attract prospective clients to grow membership
2.Engage and Activate Members through Thrivent Member Network (TMN) activities
3.Educate financial professionals and leadership team on membership programs to grow clients, engage members and make a societal impact
4.Collaborate with local leadership to identify key church and community relationships to develop to create opportunities which grow market
5.Document relationship building activities through the Salesforce CRM, build prospect activity plans with financial professionals to grow clients
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Attract Prospective Members to Grow Membership
- Promote Thrivent in the community and build awareness among prospective clients.
- Equip financial professionals to share Thrivent in a compelling way
- Grow member advocates in churches and community to increase financial clarity and generosity activity of our membership
- Lead education and generosity activities in Christian communities to attract prospective clients
- Share Thrivent career opportunities available in the market area the EL serves
- Consult with and equip the new financial professionals to create a plan to grow awareness of their business in the community they serve and to grow clients
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing Specialist, Regional Learning Specialist and Director to support grow strategies of FPs in market served
Engage and Activate Thrivent Member Network
- Meet with Thrivent clients to share updates on Membership programs and influence local communities to support our purpose of helping Christians achieve financial clarity so they can live lives of meaning and gratitude
- Lead education and generosity activities with Thrivent clients and their family and friends
- Execute the Thrivent Member Network engagement plan in the market served and build engagement with the financial professionals, key community relationships and Thrivent clients
- Learn from the members in the market served so engagement activities align with local community needs
- Help the region’s financial representatives leverage Membership programs to grow clients, engage members and impact society
Community Engagement Leader in the local market
- Collaborate with leadership team, financial professionals and their support staff, and clients to ensure the activities are relevant to the regional growth plan.
- Ensure that all community engagement activities have a strong promotion plan with clients, prospective clients, and key church and community relationships so that the investment of resources in those activities will lead to growth and impact.
- Create strong follow up plans for all engagement activities. Collaborate with regional support team roles and field leaders to make sure appropriate follow up is completed by financial professionals, and leadership team members
- For all activities EL engages in, ensure proper documentation of outcomes in Salesforce CRM. Leverage other data and tracking tools as EL builds market member growth plans
- Participate in region meetings and leadership meetings as requested, representing engagement team efforts
Qualifications & Requirements
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required or commensurate experience.
- Experience in sales development and community development in financial services desirable.
- Highly connected in Christian community represented in market served.
- Demonstrated ability to build, activate and leverage networks. Community engagement experience helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and execute plans with individuals and groups to achieve an outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others for goal achievement without authority.
Other Critical Factors
- Extensive church, non-profit and personal network within key market preferred.
- Ability to work 60% of the workweek within the market (3 of 5 days), and able to work evenings and weekends.
- Regularly engage with churches and community organizations weekly, assist with and/or attend minimum of 1 engagement event or workshop in the market each week.
- Regularly conduct weekly in-person meetings with Financial Professionals, field leadership and partner organizations, and with the new financial professionals 1-4 years in tenure.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.
At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given. At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our customers. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
For over 100 years, Thrivent has been helping people build their financial futures and live more generous lives. Today, it’s a Fortune 500 company that offers a full range of expert financial solutions, serving more than 2 million customers, as well as the communities in which they live and work.
Thrivent fosters a diverse workforce to serve our diverse clientele, reflecting a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. If you’re intrigued about our work and the possibility of becoming part of it, we invite you to visit Thrivent.com to learn more. You won’t just build a career; you’ll be part of an organization focused on growing, innovating, and serving.