Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Boston, MA United States
|| Healthcare, Other
Immunization Data Quality Epidemiologist|
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. is hiring a full-time Immunization Data Quality Epidemiologist to support the Immunization Division at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH). This is an opportunity to be part of a team implementing a comprehensive Data Quality Program for the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS). The MIIS is a statewide immunization registry containing millions of shot records. In collaboration with programmatic and IT staff, the Immunization Data Quality Epidemiologist will conduct data quality assessment and activities. This work entails identifying and contacting providers about irregular or discrepant data, and implementing processes for correcting inaccurately reported data. The Immunization Data Quality Epidemiologist must be able to work both independently and on a team, collaborating with providers submitting data to the MIIS and colleagues to identify and address data quality issues.
Note: This position is based at the Bureau of Infectious Disease and Laboratory Sciences (BIDLS) in Jamaica Plain, MA (accessible by Forest Hills T stop with parking on-site). This is a contract award specific employment arrangement which means employment is provided for the period of the contract only (currently through June 2021 but renewal is possible). Authorization to work in the US required. Salary range for the position is $55,000-$70,000. Salary commensurate with experience. Given the uncertain circumstances during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this role may include working from the MA State Public Health Laboratory in Jamaica Plain, MA, telework, or a combination of the two. Work location will be driven by guidance for state employees. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Conduct routine activities to identify areas of lower data quality
- Actively collaborate with provider offices and technical contacts at electronic health records (EHRs) to identify root causes of low data quality and strategize approaches to improve data quality for both new data and data at rest.
- Refine existing algorithms to identify data discrepancies and troubleshoot problems related to missing or miscoded data.
- Communicate discrepancies to Data Quality Scientist, user support, IT staff and providers/end users.
- Collaborate on other programmatic and IT development tasks as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education: Bachelorís Degree required
- Two or more years of professional level experience, with at least one (1) year within a health, public health, or medical setting
- Sufficient technical skills, knowledge, and experience to monitor and improve data quality as well as program and run reports within a large, statewide, public health data base.
- Knowledge of statistics and probability including experience with R and/or SAS
- Working knowledge of SQL and the development of SQL queries.
- Experience with large data sets and relational databases
- Facility in learning new technologies and applying them to project work.
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide technical assistance to end users with varying levels of IT experience and knowledge.
- An energetic, self-starter who can work as part of a team with limited supervision.
- Candidates must pass any level of background investigation applicable to the position.
- Masterís degree in public health or a related field.
- Familiarity with pediatric health care provider issues and the immunization field.
- Experience tracking and analyzing data quality issues in a health care setting.
- Experience with process improvement.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
JSI is a team of public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and outcomes for all. Our fundamental goal is to ensure that all individuals can live their best and healthiest life, regardless of age or circumstances. In pursuit of our goal, we provide innovative management consulting and technical assistance incorporating a broad range of skills and more than 40 years in the field. We collaborate with government agencies, the private sector, and local nonprofit and civil society organizations to identify and implement solutions to public health challenges. These partnerships improve the quality, accessibility, and equity of health systems and lead to better health outcomes.We work within communities and rely on local staff to ground our approach in a deep understanding of those who will benefit. While we promote using best practices and sharing solutions, we tailor strategies to each situation and seek creative options to meet clientsí needs.
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.