Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Central US, IL United States
|| Sales, Publishing
Social Science Discipline Specialist- Central U.S.|
W. W. Norton’s college division seeks a social science discipline specialist to support the following disciplines: history, sociology, political science, economics, and cultural anthropology. Our discipline specialists are content experts who train local sales representatives in selling the social science list and help them secure priority adoptions. They conduct on-campus meetings with individual instructors, lead formal faculty presentations, and suggest effective follow-up strategies. This a high travel position that requires trips throughout the Central United States.
When they are not in the field, our discipline specialists engage in the following activities:
• Develop in-depth knowledge of Norton’s educational products in history, sociology, political science, economics, and cultural anthropology
• Conduct demonstrations of online resources
• Facilitate software implementations
• Attend annual sales conferences and occasional meetings in Norton’s New York office
• Attend 1-2 academic conferences per year
• Track priority sales targets nationwide
• Assist the social science book teams with sales conference presentations
• Consult with marketing teams about important trends observed in the field and collaborate on needed sales tools
• Participate in discipline specific focus groups
• Conduct pre-selling campaigns for forthcoming products
Qualifications & Requirements
• Residence anywhere in the Central U.S. with ready access to a major airport.
• Minimum of three years’ sales experience in higher education publishing.
• A record of sales success, preferably in the social sciences.
• A record of success with securing large committee adoptions.
• Proficiency with educational technology.
• Strong writing, analytical, and presentation skills.
• Illustrative examples of initiatives that improved performance in previous professional roles.
• Ability to sustain 40% overnight travel during the academic year (with significant breaks early December to early January in addition to the summer).
• BA/BS or equivalent is required.
• Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US.
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years” in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.