Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||St. Paul, MN United States
|| Social Services
34086 - Executive Assistant|
The Executive Assistant provides oversight and accountability for the daily operations, executive level transactions, work and information flow, and technical support services for the Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP) Executive Director’s office. In this role, the Executive Assistant demonstrates excellent human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships within a facility with multiple programs and over 850 employees. The Executive Assistant also interacts with clients, legislators, the public and executive level offices within and outside of DHS. This fast paced role requires the Executive Assistant to multi-task while organizing and prioritizing competing demands in an environment faced with multiple interruptions. Inherent in each of these responsibilities the Executive Assistant balances professional values with the need for governmental efficiency and high program performance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing, operational, analytical, and administrative support to the Executive Director and other members of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program senior management team
• Providing a wide range of administrative support functions including business travel coordination; managing the Executive Director’s calendar; proofreading written materials for accuracy, formatting and readability; word processing and maintaining spreadsheets or databases; and maintaining the office supply inventory
• Serving as the business link and a visible contact point with the Executive Director's office; triages and handles the service needs and concerns of callers, e.g., government entities, legislators, clients, family members of clients, and others
• Coordinating interactions with Direct Care and Treatment (DCT) and Department of Human Services (DHS) staff, stakeholder groups, and other high profile individuals and entities including preparing and handling reports, confidential documents and other communications
• Coordinating and tracking client grievance appeals and log letters
• Coordinating and overseeing all administrative activities and daily functions while anticipating required adjustments
• Overseeing documentation for Strategic Planning process and updates
Much of this work is confidential in nature, and the incumbent must handle and communicate this sensitive information appropriately, as well as in accordance with policy, guidelines, and law.
Qualifications & Requirements
Three years of experience providing administrative support at an executive or senior management level demonstrating:
• Effective communication skills including the ability to draft, review and edit correspondence
• Advanced proficiency in the use of technology and business software including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, multi-line phones, and video conferencing
• Managing calendars and schedules including coordinating business travel arrangements and scheduling meetings
• Analysis, problem solving and critical thinking skills sufficient to meet workload demands with frequent interruptions
• Associates degree or higher in Administrative Services, Business or related field
• Experience with budget development and management
|Contact Name:||Heidi Peura |
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) helps provide essential services to Minnesota's most vulnerable residents. Working with many others, including counties, tribes and non-profits, DHS helps ensure that Minnesota seniors, people with disabilities, children and others meet their basic needs and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
At DHS our goal is to meet people where they are at, and focus on outcomes to improve life situations, and to get people the help they need so they can reach their full potential.