Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Louisville, KY United States
|| Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Assistant Director of Academic Services|
The Assistant Director for Academic Services fosters student learning and development at Bellarmine by providing vision, leadership, best practices, and assessment in Academic Services and the Testing Center in the Student Success Center. The Assistant Director designs and delivers academic support in the areas of disability services and accommodations in the Testing Center, college readiness initiatives, academic recovery, and other areas of academic services. This position works with other SSC staff, faculty from all schools, campus partners, and the academic services team to provide academic services, and supervises Testing Center student proctors.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Testing Center daily function and oversight
- Provide leadership and visibility for the Testing Center in the SSC working with the Assistant Dean of Student Success and the Senior
- Director of Academic Services/ Director of the Writing Center.
- Research best and emerging Testing Center practices and implement changes to support continuous improvement
- Enhance Testing Center support for students using the space
- Regularly review and revise the model, theory, and structure that the center uses to provide academic support
- Collaborate regularly with colleagues across campus to raise awareness about Testing Center services and their impact
- Collaborate regularly with faculty across campus to teach, in a support role, classroom sessions that promote best practices in study strategies
- Collaborate regularly with the Director of Disability Services
- Serve as the point of contact for the Accommodate web-based platform in the Student Success Center
- Manage the Testing Center budget, including annual requests, expenses, justifications, and planning
- Supervise and support all Testing Center student proctors
- Develop, plan, and implement regular training and professional development for all student proctors
- Design, implement, and maintain a cyclical assessment plan to evaluate and demonstrate the efficacy of the campus-wide services provided in the Testing Center
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports on outcomes assessment to include direct/indirect and qualitative/quantitative measures
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement actions informed by assessment data
- Connect assessment process to Student Success Center-wide assessment planning, reporting, and continuous improvement
- Work with the Assistant Dean of Student Success and Senior Director of Academic Services to provide academic support services for the unit.
- Support college readiness and coaching efforts in the Student Success Center.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to provide strategic vision for a department, build relationships, and maximize collaborations.
- Master's degree in education, higher education, college student personnel, or related field.
- At least four years of related and relevant experience.
- An understanding of college readiness indicators and relevant issues in P- 16 education.
- The ability to analyze and explain best practice recommendations and applicable literature in the field.
- The ability to analyze and explain evaluation and assessment of programs and support services.
- The ability to work independently on multiple projects at a time with frequent interruptions to daily tasks.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three professional references by clicking on the appropriate link in this position. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
About Bellarmine University:
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in the Princeton Review's Best 384 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.
Bellarmine is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.