Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||California, MD United States
|| Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
Job Summary: Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all equipment and systems in water and wastewater stations; performs other duties as assigned.
1. Troubleshoots and performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all equipment in water and wastewater systems;
2. Disassemble, rebuild and reassemble motors, valves, pumps, gear boxes, etc. to rehabilitate equipment. Check out and evaluate operation of equipment after rebuild is complete;
3. Performs minor electrical work in conjunction with mechanical repairs (i.e., connects/disconnects wires, investigate/correct minor pump control problems);
4. Responds to emergency and customer complaint calls which includes standby duty;
5. Requests the purchase of parts, equipment and services needed to perform repairs;
6. Documents all preventive and corrective work performed;
7. Performs minor welding and cutting work to complete repairs and fabricate parts for bracing/repairs;
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to gain thorough knowledge of St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission policies
2. Ability to act as a representative of St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission to the public;
3. Expert knowledge of relevant maintenance and repair practices and procedures as they relate to liquid and gas chlorination, pumps, and valves;
4. Knowledge of safety regulations and established procedures for operating, repairing, removing and installing equipment/materials as well as for ensuring safety;
5. Ability to effectively communicate with other staff members;
6. Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records;.
7. Ability to wear appropriate PPE for confined space entry including respiratory gear.
Education and Experience:
1. Associates degree;
2. Or HS Diploma or G.E.D., plus two or more years of related job experience;
3. Class 2 Water Treatment and Class 2 Wastewater Collection certifications;
4. Or equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience
5. Be eligible to obtain a Class B Maryland CDL Drivers License with Tanker and Air Brake
Endorsements within 6 months.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work requires constant physical effort in the handling of heavy tools, equipment, or materials of
60 pounds or more.
Work environment involves high risks with exposure to potentially dangerous situations or unusual environmental stress which require a range of safety and other precautions, e.g., aggressive human behavior, extreme outdoor weather conditions, confined work space, or similar situations where conditions cannot be controlled.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission (MetCom) is a quasi-governmental agency that provides water and sewer services for residents and businesses in St. Mary’s County, Maryland. MetCom has a customer base of over 17,000 and exceeds $20 million in annual revenues.
MetCom is located in historic St. Mary’s County, the birthplace of Maryland. St. Mary’s County is situated on a peninsula in Southern Maryland with over 500 miles of shoreline on the Patuxent River, Potomac River and the Chesapeake Bay. Home to Patuxent River Naval Air Station, St. Mary’s College and great seafood, the area is a true destination for raising a family, building a career or simply enjoying the pleasures of outdoor life. The County’s location allows for easy access to major metropolitan areas, while offering residents a high quality of life and affordable lifestyles.
The Metropolitan Commission is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic covered by law.