TRiO Director - Academic Success Center|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The TRIO Director will be tasked to oversee all TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) programming aligned with the proposed plan of operation and provide administration supervision for TRIO Upward Bound. The Director is responsible for the overall development, planning, implementation and administration of all aspects of the SSS project. The Director provides leadership for management of day-to-day operations, supervision and evaluation of programs and staff, budgeting, maintaining appropriate program records, and preparing and submitting required reports. The Director ensures that the project meets established objectives within federal guidelines. The Director develops policies and procedures that ensure compliance with all program guidelines, maintain appropriate fiscal and program records, and approve all grant expenditures.
The Director is responsible for the overall administration of TRIO Upward Bound and serves as Principle Investigator for the project. The Director as sists with program evaluation, assessment and end-of-year performance reports. The Director oversees the selection of program participants and the implementation of the activities that support the objectives of the SSS project and coordinate services with other campus departments. The Director serves as the primary representative between Azusa Pacific University and the U.S. Department of Education, Federal TRIO Programs. The Director communicates changes and/or seeks prior approval from U.S. Department of Education Program Specialists. The Director is responsible for completing mid-year and end-of-year performance, budget, and other reports as deemed necessary. The Director develops and monitors SSS budget and program fiscal records. The Director must be familiar with higher education issues and policies, administrative procedures, instructional techniques, student financial aid guidelines and application processes, basic academic needs of disadvantaged students, data collection, de tailed service documentation, program evaluation, educational projects and related budgets, and counseling/guidance programs designed to work with students who enter college with socioeconomic barriers to overcome (e.g., first-generation, low-income, and/or underrepresented students, and students with disabilities). This position is full-time with benefits and is grant-funded through August of 2020 with funding renewable based on project performance.
* Masterís degree or doctorate in Education, Counseling, Student Affairs, Curriculum and Instruction, Psychology, or a related field; or masterís degree or doctorate and one year of postsecondary teaching in a similar discipline;
* Preferred: Doctorate; specialized training in academic coaching/academic advising and postsecondary retention programming.
* Three years of administrative experience, including budgeting and regulations related to grant implementation (or equivalent).
* Four years working directly with students to promote academic success.
* Demonstrated commitment to supporting academic needs of students facing barriers to educational success through academic coaching/advising, counseling, instruction, advocacy, and/or education.
* Preferred: Prior service with successful TRIO program administration.
* Preferred: Life experience with barriers similar to those from TRIO target populations, including but not limited to being a member of an underrepresented group in higher education, being a first-generation student, being from a low-income family, or having a disability.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.